Update (6/9): One quick note-- I've noticed that this little hack of mine has been called a "hack for Movable Type". However, while I personally use Movable Type, this is a hack for textareas in FireFox.
Movable Type just happens to use textareas. It's worth noting, however, that WordPress uses textareas too. So does LiveJournal. So do most comment posting forms. This is bigger than a single blog package plugin-- that's the point.
Whew. So it looks like the book is out of my hands now, having finished the final reviews. I have some more to say about that, but first I want to post the results of the last day or so of hacking I've done.
I've been working on the stuff for the book so long that I just had to do something else (ie. not RSS or Atom) to help clear my head. But, I'm addicted to learning and building stuff. So, although I did relax a bit since the main effort of the book passed--that is, relax as normal people define it--I just can't stop making things.
So, I had a beer, cracked open Dive Into GreaseMonkey, and decided to make good on that idea I wrote about last month. Not only that, but I had a little free time over lunch today, so I downloaded a trial of Snapz Pro X 2 to try my hand at a little screencasting, ala Jon Udell.
I've got more things to say about all this, and my new found excitement for GreaseMonkey, but first I'll share the goods.
If you want to risk running my horribly premature code on your machine, here's the script:
If you'd like a preview of what it does, here's a movie:
And, just for the sake of completeness, here's a quick screen grab: