Posting this now, but I don't feel like it's finished.
Some things that make me feel like I might be getting old:
- Collapsing into bed at 2AM on a nightly basis during the week no longer appeals to me.
- I wear wrist braces and a CPAP mask to sleep at night.
- My hair and goatee are starting to go grey.
- I'm gaining weight and really need to exercise.
Some things that make me feel like I might be growing up:
- Getting up before 6AM is starting to seem like a good idea, regardless of my relationship to mornings.
- The new car I got after I totaled my old one is cleaner inside than any vehicle I've ever owned. This is a big step: I once had a car with plants growing out of the carpet on the passenger side.
- I quit smoking cold turkey a few years ago and, with the exception of one half-cigarette after losing a job (which only made things worse), I haven't started or been seriously tempted to start again.
- I don't eat out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day anymore. I've even been known to bring leftovers to work for lunch. This is a new thing for me.
- I haven't eaten at McDonald's in about 5 years, although I am still a sucker for Taco Bell occasionally.
- These days I drink water, coffee, tea, and milk--and I haven't had much more than a sip of Coke or some other sugar bomb in years.
- I'm finally getting my hypoglycemic blood sugar swings under some semblance of control and maintaining mental coherence pretty much all day.
- I'm actually starting to do things I've always though of as Life Goals. (Like, writing a book.)