Update: Yeah - I sent out a request for comments after breaking my comments. Ugh. Thanks if you tried commenting, and I hope you might try again. If not, thanks for stopping by anyway!
So, I've been basically hacking on nothing after work for quite some time now. I've had a few false starts, but have been finding it hard to get motivated to move on anything. There are a few things I've started, though, which might be worth returning to and finishing. If I were to do that - or start something new - which of these do you think might be worth my time?
- FeedMagick2 - web command-line toolkit for munging and filtering feeds, written in PHP 5
- XoxoOutliner - a browser-based outliner with a REST API, written in PHP 5
- Learn Django or Pylons, do social networky stuff and explore OpenID and OAuth?
- Explore CodeIgniter or Kohana further, do social networky stuff that can ideally be installed alongside WordPress and PHP 5?
- Something else? OpenSocial? Keep hacking on my Centro's Blazer browser and do something silly and Web 2.0?
- Level my troll to 70 and work on getting sweet PvP gear?
My vote is for Django and OpenID research. I'd be very interested in hearing your take on OpenID and OAuth. Just my two cents.
My vote is: 1) Pylons/openid/oauth
3) Level your troll... or opensocial, but I think opensocial probably doesn't give you the same instant gratification that slaying a evil 5 headed acid-drooling dragon-like creature does.
My vote is for FeedMagick2. The web could use a powerful feed manipulation tool. I read a ton of feeds, some of which could really use some tweaking, combining, and filtering, but most of the tools offered up so far don't provide enough functionality. Maybe I just need to learn XSLT.
You gotta get to 70. A) You NEED a flying mount. B) Half the stuff in the game is aimed at being 70.
But you can start farming honor now... That Arena 1 gear buyable with battleground honor is awesome.
I vote for learning Pylons by doing XoxoOutliner in it.