So, it finally happened—I've been tagged by Stephen Donner. I've not been one to follow memes in this blog, but this one's been going around the Mozillasphere for awhile now and has been kind of interesting. I'm half-tempted to bookmark and tag all the entries I've caught so far. Anyway, the rules:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Now, for your random facts, after the jump:
- My wife is a nerd, who tracked me down via a user name shown in the webcam picture I used for my Yahoo! Personals ad, in order to avoid paying to reply. Dial-up BBSes and DOOR games played a part in our courtship.
- We have two ocicats, littermates named Puck and Inanna. They're both very cute and are more awesome than anyone else's cats.
- I have sleep apnea, and use a CPAP machine every night. If you snore, go get tested. Heart disease, of which my snoring father died, is one of many possible consequences of untreated sleep apnea.
- Although I have been a computer nerd since the age of 7, I had the wild notion in starting college that I wanted to be a journalist or a psychologist. Luckily, the web took off during my freshman year, which let me be a little of all the above. I'm not sure why I ever thought I'd be anything other than a computer nerd.
- I'm a complete introvert and though I work hard at being sociable, I need a day or two alone for every half-day or so spent being social. My main coping mechanism since even before my teenage years was to make friends from behind a keyboard and screen, and the internet has made that even more scalable as I've grown up. And now, I get to work that way too—HUGE SUCCESS!
- In my senior year of High School, I won 2nd place in the Ayn Rand Institute's The Fountainhead essay contest. This was the culmination of having read every scrap of Ayn Rand's writing I could get my hands on throughout High School. I used the money to take a summer trip to visit a friend who'd moved to Texas and to buy my well used, now dead palmtop PC.
- I like extremely hot spicy food, insanely hop-saturated beer, Irish whiskey, and fresh locally roasted coffee.
Per Ben Hearsum, I think I'll make this a leaf node in the meme spanning the Mozillasphere. In a quick 5 minute search, it looks like most blogging Mozillans have already been tagged, and I'm not going to spread the contagion outside the organization. :)